St. Jeremiah & True Wisdom

Prophet & Saint Jeremiah

Recently, the following passage really hit …

Blessed are those who trust in the LORD;
     the LORD will be their trust.
They are like a tree planted beside the waters
     that stretches out its roots to the stream;
It does not fear heat when it comes,
     its leaves stay green
In the year of the drought it show no distress,
     but still produces fruit. 
-Jeremiah 17:7-8

Life gets so full and hectic … no matter how peaceful I try to keep things!  It takes a steady and persistent effort to attempt to follow St. Jeremiah’s advice to put my trust fully in the Lord …
   - even when it doesn’t seem sensible …
   - even when I don’t think I have the time …
   - even when others try hard to convince me that their ideas are better …
   - even when I’m feeling pressured or overwhelmed …

Whenever I rely on human logic, things go astray; however, whenever I give my full trust to God, things always works out.  

St. Jeremiah
by Barthelemy d'Eyck - circa 1445

Comments