St. Isaiah the Prophet - Special Verses to Hang Onto

St. Isaiah the Prophet
by Lorenzo Monaco (c. 1405)
The Book of Isaiah is a looooong prophetical book that is sometimes a challenge to cut through, digest, and understand.  But, it offers a tremendous smattering of inspiring verses here and there ... making it easier to know this saint (and God!) a little better.  Below are just a few ...


Though your sins be like scarlet, they may become white as snow.
- Isaiah 1:18b

Trust in the LORD forever! For the LORD is an eternal Rock.
- Isaiah 26:4

They that hope in the LORD will renew their strength, they will soar on eagles' wings.
- Isaiah 40:31a

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways.
- Isaiah 55:8

So shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth;
It shall not return to me empty, but shall do what pleases me.
- Isaiah 55:11a

The song, Here I Am, Lord was inspired by Isaiah's call to prophecy:

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? Who will go for us?"  
"Here I am," I said; "send me!"
- Isaiah 6:8


An Isaiah 6:8 Pendant

Popular Posts