Christmas Cookies Cancelled ...


The cookies are just not going to happen this year.  My mother got this recipe from a friend so long ago that as far as I can recall, I have had these Christmas cookies every year of my life.  I used to help my mother bake them during my High School, College, and young adult years, but I never had any daughters and so any help from my sons was minimal.  I'm sort of very tired of feeling like I must make these cookies every year. Plus, we now have allergies in the family ... and my doctor is after me about my sugar and carb intake. So ... for the first time that I can remember, I will not be having Anise Christmas Cookies at Christmas.  
They are quite delicious, though.  
Maybe next year.  
We'll see.



For now ... I have more important things to do with my time.  I do think Jesus will approve of my change of plans in honor of His birthday.

Comments