Jimmy Feigen ... Ohhh Geeee!!!

This whole 2016 U.S. Men's Swim Team debacle is particularly troublesome to me.  Four years ago, I met one of these swimmers ... Jimmy Feigen.  Just a few weeks after winning a Silver Medal in the 2012 London Olympics, he chose the San Antonio Humane Society as a charity to voluntarily endorse.  My son had just started working at the S.A. Humane Society and it was his job to put together an event to celebrate this generous endorsement.  I decided to go and was so impressed with Jimmy.  I sensed no qualities that were arrogant, rude, non-law-abiding, or discourteous.  He very honestly seemed like a really nice guy!  I also met his mother and one of his sisters who were also real nice people, down to earth, easy to talk to, and so proud to be supporting Jimmy.  So, as the news story about the fake robbery unfolded, I was stunned!

In 2012, the San Antonio Humane Society designed
a poster with a calculated number of laps Jimmy needed
to be prepared for the Rio Olympics.

Some photos that Jimmy signed and gave to those who came to the event.

Jimmy's 2012 Silver Medal & a Cuddly Pup from the Shelter
I can't help but have hope for Jimmy.  I can't help but believe that his core is good, that he's normally intelligent (he's on track for medical school!), that he will make amends and get over this.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness."     
2 Corinthians 12:9

... for when I am weak, then I am strong.     
- 2 Corinthians 12:10c

Comments