A Visit to the Cathedral Basilica of the Sacred Heart in Newark, NJ

A few months ago, I happened to hear Marcus Grodi on EWTN encourage appreciating Sacred Art in our Catholic Churches.  He mentioned three churches in the U.S. by name that he thought were particularly beautiful and one of them was the Cathedral Basilica of the Sacred Heart in Newark, NJ.  Knowing that my son was to spend a part of his summer in Newark, I asked him to try to get to the Cathedral and to send me a few pics!

Cathedral Basilica of the Sacred Heart in Newark, NJ
Stunning, Indeed!


A Glorious Rose Window


Intricate Stained Glass


The Seventh Station of the Cross
Jesus Fall the Second Time


Very American Old Northeast/European-Influenced Look




Love My Mid!


~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~

He also Got a Quick Peek at St. Patrick's Pro-Cathedral - the Cathedral of Newark from 1853-1956 ...