A Sacred Heart of Jesus Sacramental

Sacred Heart of Jesus
Apostleship of Prayer - The Pope's Prayer Group
A friend of mine cleaned out the home of her aging Catholic father-in-law (a widower) a while back and  stumbled upon a handful of religious items.  Because I am Catholic, my friend passed some of the goodies on to me.  I thought that this Sacred Heart of Jesus sacramental was particularly striking. I like the crocheted edges, older style of script and art, and the neat religious medals attached to the back. It's hard to find a religious item like this anymore!  My grandmother had a special devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, so this neat gift made me think of her.


The Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus is celebrated on the 19th day after Pentecost - June 12 this year (2015).  This feast is a reminder of Jesus' great love for all humanity.

Prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
I fly to You, Sacred Heart of my Savior, for You are my refuge, my only hope.  You are the remedy for all my miseries, my consolation in all my wretchedness, the reparation for all my infidelities, the supplement for all my deficiencies, the expiation for all my sins, and the hope and end of all my prayers.
You never weary of me and can bear with my faults, because You love me with an infinite love.  Therefore, O my God, have mercy on me according to Your great mercy.  Do with me, for me, and in me, whatever You will, for I give myself entirely to You, divine Heart, with full confidence that You will never reject me.  Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts