Winning Every Argument = Losing


101 Tips for a Happier Marriage
My Godson got engaged recently, so I decided to send him a copy of this book.  Then my husband's Goddaughter got engaged, so we got another copy for her.  Before delivering the book to my husband's Goddaughter, I thought I'd thumb through the book and try to glean a bit of wisdom for myself.  After reading a few entries, I decided that I'd like a copy for my own use!  I've been happily married for 29 years, but there is always room for improvement ... it's good to look at things in a new way now and then, I think!  
One quote from the book ... 
"Needing to win an unimportant argument is not a sign of strength.  It is a sign of weakness."
~ Jennifer Roback Morse & Betsy Kerekes

... reminded me of a quote of St. Thérèse:

"When one loves, one does not calculate."
~ St. Thérèse





Comments