Tithing Our First Energies To Family

A Happy Memory From 1993
I recently dropped a Bible Study class.  It was hard to do.  I really love Bible Studies, the facilitator was very well-prepared, and the group was wonderful.  So, why did I drop it?  Well, it seemed that every Tuesday, whenever I would spend my morning at Bible Study, something else would get dropped.  Like supper (as in a homemade supper), or my son's basketball game, or a lunch date with one of my older sons, or.....

The bottom line is that I can't do it all and must prioritize.  I do wish I had an extra day or two each week to get involved in more things, but I don't.  And, when I look back on my life, it is the moments when I put my family first that bring back the warmest memories ... the most contented and satisfied memories.

So, Bible Study is on the back burner for a while anyways.  Maybe it will work out another time.  For now, however, I will have to embrace more heartily the Scripture readings at mass and maybe carve out some one-on-one time with my Bible at home ... for I still have a lot of family stuff to do.

An Excellent Quote from Raising Kids With Faith by Tom Rinkoski
February, 2014 issue of St. Anthony Messenger



Comments

Popular Posts