Mary - A Patroness For Pondering And Reflecting


The Adoration Of The Shepherds
by Guido Reni (1575-1642)
Besides ringing in the New Year, January 1 is also the feast of the Motherhood of Mary.  As such a primary person in the Bible who played such a great role, I am intrigued with the smattering of times the Bible mentions how she pondered or reflected upon some event or another.  As a mother, it's often hard to keep my mouth shut.  I constantly want to pave a smooth and happy way for my children; but I really think I need to follow Mary's example of pondering, reflecting, and keeping things in my heart.

When The Angel Gabriel Appeared To Mary
But she (Mary) was greatly troubled at what was said and pondered what sort of greeting this might be.
- Luke 1:29

When The Shepherds Came To See The Baby Jesus
And Mary kept all these things, reflecting on them in her heart.
- Luke 2:19

After Mary and Joseph Found The Boy Jesus In The Temple
He (Jesus) went down with them and came to Nazareth, and was obedient to them; and his mother (Mary) kept all these things in her heart.
- Luke 2:51

Comments

  1. I have 5 children and one grandchild. They all give me much to ponder. When they have troubles, I run to Mary for her help because she has the understanding heart of a mother and this gives me great consolation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful testimony to Our Mother. Thank you!

      Delete

Post a Comment