October 9 – The Feast of Saint Who????


What saint from the Old Testament said ...

“Let there be no strife between you and me, or between your hersdmen and mine, for we are kinsmen.  Is not the whole land at your disposal?  Please separate from me.  If you prefer the left, I will go to the right; if you prefer the rights, I will go to the left.”

“Can a child be born to a man who is a hundred years old?”

“Sir, if I may ask you this favor, please do not go on past your servant.  Let some water be brought, that you may bathe your feet, and then rest yourselves under the tree.”

Hints:

Genesis 15:5
by Schnorr von Carolsfeld (1860)

Genesis 18:3-4
From the: Illuminated manuscripts in the Bibliothèque Nationale de France
Answer: 

Saint Abraham – whose feast day is today, October 9.

References for Quotes:
Genesis 13:8-9
Genesis 17:17
Genesis 18:3-4





See Entry #3 for St. Abraham
2004 Edition of the Roman Martyrology


p.s.  A Very Happy Birthday to my kind husband on the Feast of St. Abraham!!

Popular Posts